Receptions at Unity are:
- Faithful: We discover God’s love for us and that we are all created unique and special with our own gifts and talents. We share our faith journey with our families and school friends during chapel, devotions and Christian Studies.
- Explorers: We are hands on with our learning and get out and about. We visit places like Pangarinda Botanical Gardens to learn from our Ngarrandjeri friends. The Hahndorf Farm barn is a favourite excursion where we can add to our Agriculture lessons and learn more about sharing the planet.
- Inquirers: We ask questions and work hard to find out the answers – we even talk to experts! We learn through the Primary Years Program of the International Baccalaureate to be global citizens who strive to be reflective, inquisitive and knowledgeable learners.
- Readers: We enjoy Jolly Phonics and learn to decode words in our environments. We use our amazing new library and decodable texts to learn reading strategies which we practise every morning in our daily literacy block and with our older school buddies.
- Writers: We record our thoughts, feelings and ideas and share these with others (we even make our own books!) During our amazing Book Week celebrations we share our recommendations on good reads, publish our work and hear from real life authors.
- Mathematicians: We learn the concept of number and work out ways to manipulate numbers. We integrate mathematical thinking throughout our day and celebrate our 100 days of being at school.
- A community: We learn to respect and care for others. In our multi-cultural classes we share and respect our many different languages, stories and celebrations.
Carrie Gallasch and Denise Frahn
R-5 Pastoral Care Leader