In 2024, Unity College is lucky to join many schools in becoming part of the Kobe Japan Australia Society’s Assistant Language Teacher program.
The program pairs Australian schools with volunteer assistant language teachers from Japan.
Next year, we will be hosting Chisato Yano. As part of her volunteering Chisato is expected to participate in Homestays with Unity families.
If your student is interested in Japanese, or you think this may be a positive experience for your family. Please contact Graeme Watkins via email@example.com
Minimum stay arrangements are around 7-10 days to 2 months. Chisato, comes to us from Osaka where she was working as a nurse, she has a bright and bubbly personality, and speaks conversational English.
Profile – Chisato Yano
- Role at Unity: Assistant Japanese language teacher starting in 2024.
- Describe yourself in three words: cheerful, cautious, and organised.
- What do you love about working in schools? I am excited for everything! I don’t want to miss a thing!
- What are you most excited about for next year? New experiences! Meeting people, eating something I have never eaten, and seeing a new world!
- What motivates you? My family is my strongest motivation.
- What do you do for fun? I really enjoy shopping and traveling.
- If you could have one superpower what would it be? Teleportation, so I can travel anywhere in the world.
- Something you may not know about me is: I am really flexible. I can do the splits!