At Unity College, we believe that children who feel happy and secure can adapt, learn and develop more quickly. Our Little Scholars Program is designed to settle children into school life in a dedicated and safe environment that provides comfort, support and stability for your child.
Children eligible for mid-year intake (those who turn five years old between 1 May and 31 October) will spend Terms 3 and 4 in the Little Scholars Program, laying the foundation of their school journey, in preparation for their Reception year.
Little Scholars students at Unity College have their own classroom in the Junior School and their own play garden, whilst also enjoying all the facilities of the Junior School when they are ready. Your child will participate in their own play based learning program, whilst following the structure of the ‘big school’, allowing them to enjoy an effortless transition into Reception the following year.
Your child will thrive with:
- Dedicated and strengthened kindy to school transition.
- Better understanding of school routines when they begin Reception.
- Familiarity and comfort with the school environment.
- Increased support with their social and emotional development.
- Higher levels of independence and confidence.
- Participation in our Buddy Program (P-R:Year 4s) which continues with transition to R:Year 5.
- Special learning opportunities such as agriculture, music and sports.
- Exploration of dedicated indoor and outdoor spaces including the nature playground, bush block and vegie patches.
- Play based learning with a qualified Early Years teacher in the classroom.
Little Scholars students are expected to wear the Unity College uniform, parts of which will be subsidised by the College. Further information about the uniform requirements and subsidised fees can be downloaded below.
For more information about the Unity Little Scholars program, enrolment details and eligibility, please contract our Enrolments Officer, Mrs Tamara Marchetti at the College on 8532 0100 or by email.