The Trade Skills Centre encompasses all VET studied on site at Unity College.
The following courses are on offer in 2022 through the Unity College Trade Skills Centre:
- Christian Ministry: Certificate III in Christian Ministry and Theology (Internal Only)
- Engineering: Certificate II in Engineering Pathways (Internal & External)
- Engineering: Engineering Extension (Internal & External)
- Primary Industries: Certificate III in Rural Operations (Internal & External)
- Sport and Recreation: Certificate III in Fitness (Internal Only)
- Health Services: Certificate III in Health Services Assistance (Internal Only)
- Creative Industries: Certificate III in Screen & Media (Internal Only)
- Construction: Certificate II in Construction Pathways (Internal Only)
Download the 2022 Trade Skills Centre Course Guide.
2022 EXTERNAL COURSES
The following courses are offered to external students in the Murraylands:
The Unity College Trade Skills Centre provides Metal and Engineering training to students and community members in a modern, purpose built workshop in partnership with TAFE SA. Students have the opportunity to complete a Certificate II in Engineering Pathways and Engineering Extension while completing their SACE and complementing Unity's existing educational programs.
The Unity College Trade Skills Centre accommodates welding and fabrication, sheet metal work, metal machining, Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) and lecture facilities. Students have access to state of the art technology with an open workshop housing metal lathes, welding bays and plasma cutter as well as a 3D printer.
CERTIFICATE III RURAL OPERATIONS
Certificate III in Rural Operations is offered in partnership with RST (Regional Skills Training Pty Ltd) and is open to interested students in the Murraylands.
The certificate is designed for students who wish to work within the agriculture industry on farms, with crops and livestock and performing general maintenance tasks. Completion of Certificate III Rural Operations will open the door to a range of career pathways and give students the opportunity to achieve SACE Stage 2 credits.
The course will run as practical workshops and theory training sessions consisting of Welding, Work Health and Safety, Environmental Sustainability, Crop Agronomy, Livestock Feeding Plans and Chainsaw Ticket.
Download the 2022 Trade Skills Centre External Course Guide.
For further information contact Mrs Jaylene Phillips, Trade Skills Manager.