Unity College boasts a thriving Agriculture Department which allows students to study Agriculture from Reception to Year 12. Topics studied include:
- Reception: Growth of Seeds and Insects (Semester)
- Year 1: Sheep Production (Semester)
- Year 2: Lifecycle of Chicken & Vegetables – Paddock to Plate (Semester)
- Year 3: Bee & Honey Production (1 Semester)
- Year 4: Worm Farms & Composting, Native Trees/ Shrubs (Semester)
- Year 5: Cows Create Careers/Picasso, Chubby Chicken Grain Store & Australian Native Garden (Full Year)
- Year 6: Goat Production and Introduction to Plant Science (Semester)
- Year 7: Poultry Production and Plant Science (Semester)
- Year 8: Dairy Production and Plant Science (Semester)
- Year 9: Vegetable Production and Sheep Production (Full Year)
- Year 10: Cropping (Semester) Beef Cattle (Semester)
- SACE Stage 1: Couse A: Emerging Trends in Agriculture and Value Adding (Semester)
- SACE Stage 1: Course B: Pig Production and Livestock Assessment (Semester)
- SACE Stage 2: Agricultural Productions (Full Year)
Other opportunities in Agriculture include participation in various Show Teams (Led Steers, Boer Goats, Dairy Heifers and Merino Wethers), the Chubby Chicken Grain Store enterprise and much more.
UNITY COLLEGE CERTIFICATE OF AGRICULTURE
The Certificate of Agriculture recognises Unity College students in Year 4 to Year 12 for their commitment to Agriculture both in and outside of school.
The ‘Unity College Certificate of Agriculture’ indicates that a student has a genuine interest in Agriculture and has been willing to participate in school and extra-curricular activities to develop their practical and theoretical skills in Agriculture. Students who are interested in pursuing a career in this industry can include the certificates on their resume and in employment portfolios.
For more information about Agriculture at Unity College email email@example.com.